The start of the Mermaid Midweek Sunset Series……..?
Published 09:09 on 24 Apr 2015The Shakedown races for the 22nd and 23rd were well supported with all the Mermaids booked – if only the weather had bothered to read the sailing programme. Wednesday saw a strong easterly and regardless of which way the tide was flowing it was a very lumpy sea. Decision made to cancel and retire to the bar for some early post Shakedown drinks. That evening there was a supper which was well attended, excellent food from Michael and his team and bar profits were swelled. Thursday and the weather had changed – having exhausted itself by lots of blowing yesterday the wind decided to take the day off. No wind and strong tide meant another early retirement to the bar. Still, all the Mermaids are on their moorings looking very smart after their winter refurbishment and racing will start in earnest next week - weather permitting
Last updated 15:43 on 29 May 2020